Tuesday, December 18, 2007

How to get an ISP added

Although Net Usage supports many ISPs, it doesn't support all of them. When I installed Net Usage my ISP was not supported. Damn...

I searched the forums on Whirlpool but could not find how to get the information Critter needed to add my ISP. The forums, stated to use the instructions on the homepage to add an ISP. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any instructions. I ended up downloading the source files from the SVN and searched through the code until I figured out what to do.

First, you need to install Net Usage. Once you have it installed, and displayed on your tool-bar, type about:netusage?add into the address bar of Firefox (the place where you normally enter the website you want to visit). Don't precede it with http:// or anything else, just enter about:netusage?add.

Follow the instructions on the page but do not send the file to Critter. Over the next few blogs I will explain in detail how to edit the source file and create your own script for your ISP.


No comments: